Allure 2013 Best Beauty Splurges

The holiday season is around the corner. What does that mean? It means that it is almost time to take all of the money that you have been saving this year and treat yourself to some beauty splurges as a pat on the back for surviving another year. It could also mean that it is time to take all of that money and spend it on gifts for friends and family. If it has been a good year, you can even do both!

When it comes to lists, we all know that I always turn to my trusty source, Allure.
Cle de Peau Beaute Rose Synactif | $300

If you gasped at the price, you are not alone. I am not known for splurging on products, and my blog reflects that. Whenever I have a product shown on my blog that has a price tag of more than $100, it is usually in a wishlist. However, this is a splurge list so splurge we shall. Why is this product so expensive even though it is just your average floral fragrance? Well, it apparently claims to help your skin care products work better. I have no idea how true this claim is, but I dont have the funds to test it for myself. Have you tried it? I want to know what you think!

Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil | $42

The price tag on this product is a lot less steep. I can definitely see myself splurging on this product. As the name suggests, this is a lip treatment that claims to soften your lips. Who doesnt love smooth lips? With the dark lipstick trend going around, soft lips is your best friend. And I definitely need that. Why so much money for a lip treatment oil? The tip is made from 24-karat gold. Yeah.
Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Second Skin Mask | $80

I am already itching to buy this product. It combines three of my favorite things: the Lancome brand, the legendary Genifique serum, and sheet masks! Ive only sampled a little bit of the Genifique serum but I already love it so Im assuming that a sheet mask soaked in it would be heavenly. I might also be a little biased because I love Lancome.
Urban Decay The Mother Lode Shadow Vault | $595

If you almost died when you looked at the price of this piece of Heaven, join the club. This product isnt listed in the Allure list but it is still a splurge that some people are prepared to make. With 68 full-size eyeshadows and a four pan palette, this is the ultimate gift. If I was stinkin rich, I would consider making such a purchase but being a broke college student, this is all just wishful thinking.


Ciate Mini Mani Month | $58

This product is also not in the Allure list, but it is one that I am personally saving up for. This is an advent calendar and if you dont know what that is, it is basically a box filled with 25 boxes for the 25 days in December leading up the Christmas. You open each box each day accordingly, and each box reveals a surprise. In this case, it would be Ciate nail products! Ive always wanted an advent calendar and this one seems to be the most affordable.

What are you saving up to splurge on?

4 comments:

  1. I would love to splurge on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. The powders are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not one to splurge on powders, but I have heard really good things about this product.

      Delete
  2. WOW I would be happy to get any of those items for Christmas.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I wish I could splurge on any of those items.
    ♥Emma, of It's Emma Elise

    ReplyDelete