Aupres Aqua Active Sleeping Mask Review


I use specific products in my night routines for different days of the week. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, I use a clay mask. On Thursdays and Sundays, I use a sheet mask. On Fridays and Mondays, I use a sleeping mask. In today's post, I will be reviewing the sleeping mask that I've been using for a few months now, the Aupres Aqua Active Sleeping Mask.


This is a hydrating product that promises a couple of things. First, it can "intensively regularize" your skin, which I'm assuming means it'll balance the pH of your skin. Second, it gets rid of dullness and dryness of skin, allowing you to wake up to skin that's "shiny like glittering water." So, one thing to keep in mind is that Aupres is a Chinese company, so the details can get a little lost in translation. Basically, what that means is that it'll prevent your skin from looking dull and instead look hydrated and clear.


This is what the product looks like. It's a thick serum-like solution with small white specks interspersed throughout. I use much less of it now each time. The amount shown above is actually enough to cover my face with a substantial amount while still leaving a decent bit to work into my neck and decolletage.

{ Love Notes }

The Aupres Aqua Active Sleeping Mask comes with a spoon for you to scoop product out without having to use your fingers and risk contaminating everything with bacteria. The first time I scooped out the product, my heart sank because it felt really heavy and dense. Strangely, once you apply it onto your skin, the white specks kind of dissolve, and it turns the whole thing light and almost water-like. It's an odd sensation but so very delightful.

Right after you apply the product, it leaves a thin sheen of moisture on your face. My face literally sparkled with the sleeping mask on it. I think the white specks melt into water droplets. Is that a thing? That sheen of moisture slowly absorbs into your face as you sleep, and you wake up to the sight of a fresh face in the mirror. It's actually pretty cool because it's like an overnight effect.

{ Sad Faces }

Despite how amazed I was at the product when I first started using it, its magic kind of wore off on me, mainly because I've yet to see any real effect from the sleeping mask. Sure, I wake up every morning after using it to a fresh face in the mirror, but it's been temporary even after all these months. The bright-faced look only lasts for a few hours at most, and it won't resurface until I use it again a few days later.

The product also has a really, really strong smell. Some people are into that, but it's just not my cup of tea. The fragrance of white flowers and lavender is supposed to be refreshing and uplifting, but since it's so strong, it can sometimes have an adverse effect. Especially when my room is warmer than usual, the overpowering smell kind of turns off-putting.

{ Final Verdict }


I should point out that this product is only available in Malaysia, and since I'll be returning to the US in August, I don't see myself wanting to go through the trouble of getting this product since the effects are temporary, so I won't be repurchasing it. It's not the cheapest sleeping mask either, priced at RM96, about $25.90. I guess if you need an immediate bright face for a special event or something in the morning, this is your go-to product, but as for a long-lasting sleeping mask that works to improve your overall moisture level, this isn't the product for you.

What is your favorite sleeping mask?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment