Weekly Reading | December 13, 2018


Career
I say this so much, but I can't stop saying it because I really am very fortunate, and I feel very grateful (and relieved, almost) that I love my job and that I'm in a career that I'm actually passionate about. If you're in the same boat, then you probably know where I'm coming from, but loving your job doesn't immediately mean that you love your current place of work. While I'm not currently in that position, I do still like keeping abreast of career-related topics because ya gotta keep innovating, ya know?

Anyway, I found a post about what turns hiring managers off of your LinkedIn profile. Lo and behold, I get to #2, and I'm like, "Oh, it me." #2 on the list is "Your headline sucks," and that hit close to home because I don't even have a headline on LinkedIn. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think I can get away with it, though, because I'm currently working in Asia, and LinkedIn isn't as big of a deal as JobStreet, which is actually where I was headhunted from for my current job. My point is, though, that if you're on the market for jobs, you never know who's looking at your profiles, and even if no one's returning your application emails, you might just be the right person for a job you never even applied for, and your rรฉsumรฉ might just get forwarded on to someone who actually ends up offering you a job. Yes, this is me speaking from personal experience. ๐Ÿ˜‚



Food
Let's move away from stressful things and instead talk about destressers like food and travel. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Okay, so, Imma sound like a h8r when I say I hate pumpkin spice, but I do, and I don't know why. I've actually tried #PSLs before (saying this as though I've tried it more than once ๐Ÿ˜‚), and it was honestly nasty, so I fell off the bandwagon while trying to clamber on. Anyway, I say this because this entire season is pumpkin spice flavored, so obviously, when you think of fall vegetables, you think of pumpkins, but Daily Cup of JoJo's Jordan wants y'all aboard the gourd train (ooh, that rhymed), and I'm all for that.

I also found a crock pot recipes post, and all I accomplished while reading that was feel sad that I had to leave my crock pot behind in the U.S., and I can't even buy a new one because crock pots are apparently not a thing in China! Sure, I could buy a slow cooker, but those things cost an arm, a leg, and a firstborn child here, so there goes that dream. Finally, of course, I can't have a food posts roundup without a post from one of my favorite food bloggers, Strength and Sunshine's Rebecca.

"6 Cheap Crock Pot Recipes" by Monica Carpenter


Travel
As for travel, why not treat yo'self this holiday season and use all that money you've saved up this year on an overseas trip? You can even do one better and make it a family/friends trip and blow everyone else out of the water in the competition for best holiday gift. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

"36-Hour Guide to Milan" via What the Clique
"Scandinavia on a Budget" via Strikeapose

If this post was too lax for you, you're too high strung check out the previous Weekly Reading, where I rounded up posts about some serious-ass issues related to blogging, college, and relationships.

What are your travel plans this holiday season?

1 comment: