January 2013 Birchbox Review

Hello, world.

It is that time of the month again! It is time for a review of my monthly Birchbox, not THAT time of the month.

This is my first Birchbox for the year, and it is disappointing. Come on, Birchbox, you can do better than this! If you remember, I mentioned that if Birchbox disappoints me three times in a row, I will unsubscribe. They received two strikes for the October 2012 and November 2012 boxes, but managed to redeem themselves through the December 2012 box.

I guess this is back to Strike One.

But I will let YOU be the judge.

DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer
$24.99; 1.7floz; EBay.com

This is a serum that fills in pores and wrinkles that also contains peptides and vitamins that provide long-term antiaging benefits.

I love this sample! I use it as a primer for my face makeup and it is awesome! It is true to its word; it does fill in pores and wrinkles, and it gives you a smooth canvas for your foundation to stick.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
$34.99; 3.4oz; ECrater.com

My sister is obsessed with Juicy Couture fragrances but I dont consider myself a fan. It was nice to have a sample of this to try for myself. Its a lovely fragrance but its not me.

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
$44; 125ml; Buy.com

I use this oil to my toweled-dry hair and it makes it super smooth and manageable. When my hair is wet, it is very difficult to control; it twists and tangles and its just not fun to work with. But with the help of this hair oil, I just run a few pumps through my strands and my hair is immediately smooth and soft and tangle-free!

TheBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama
$20; 7.08g; Birchbox.com

Personally, this blush is too light and subtle for me. Its a shimmery blush so I use it as a highlighter instead and it looks pretty. I was excited to get this in my box because this brand is one of the reasons I subscribed to Birchbox in the first place and Im SO glad they finally threw in a sample for me!

Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique - Protect
$37.99; 150ml; EBay.com

This months Beauty Extra is this leave-in conditioner type thing. It pretty much works like a conditioner but has heat protectant qualities in it. I use it whenever I decide to blowdry my hair, which is a few days now so far because it means I dont have to wake up as early when I have class at 9:30AM.

So, yeah, Im not too thrilled with this months box. It did come with a poster thing of 13 things to do to improve your lifestyle for the new year since thats the theme of the January Birchbox, but it was all redundant information and things that we already know so really not too thrilled.

I have a feeling next months box would have some Valentines theme or whatever so Im looking forward to it.

Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I think the Hot Mama is a nice addition. I love me my Viva La Juicy but Birchbox should know better than to include a sample that probably many already smelled/own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good thing then that I dont already own it, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Bev!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    You have a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete