The Liebster Award

Hello, world.

I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Erica who is the blogger at DiaryOfATrendaholic.


Thank you, Erica! I appreciate the recognition, and I sincerely thank you for being such a faithful reader.

The Liebster Award is a word-of-mouth award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. This helps newer bloggers be recognized in the blogosphere, and it is also a great way for everyone to discover blogs that they do not currently follow.

Being a newer blogger myself who reads newer blogs as well, I know that there are a bunch of unrecognized blogs out there that definitely should be recognized because they really are immensely interesting.

Rules
  1. Answer the questions set for you;
  2. Post 11 facts about yourself;
  3. Choose 11 new bloggers to tag;
  4. Add 11 new questions; and
  5. Tell the bloggers theyve been nominated!
Answers

These questions were set for me by Erica, of course.

What is your dream vacation spot?
This isnt exactly a spot, but I would love to go country hopping in Europe! Its a dream of mine to experience all of the different cultures in Europe and to tour all of the landmarks.

What is your dream occupation?
I want to work with beauty and fashion magazines as a Beauty Editor or, if all of the luck in the world is with me, an Editor-in-Chief. Ive also recently looked into careers with Birchbox and HauteLook. By the way, this is all very real for me because I will be graduating in a year.

What is your favorite perfume?
My favorite perfume changes constantly because I love trying out new ones. Then, I usually end up falling madly and deeply in love with them. However, my current favorite is the Ambre Nue Cologne Absolue by Atelier Cologne.

What month were you born?
I was born in the month of September.

What is the one food you absolutely hate?
This is a tough one because I love food, but if I had to mention something, I would say wasabi. Why would anyone want to put themselves through that?!

What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve, as you probably know if you read my blog, is the apostrophe. Im very OCD when Im writing/typing, and apostrophes make everything super hideous.

What are your hobbies?
I want to say writing because that seems like the obvious answer, but to be honest, I really enjoy just cuddling under the blanket with my boyfriend, smoking some hookah, and watching Netflix. These my are top three hobbies, and theyre perfect together.

What is your favorite movie?
I dont have an all-time favorite because I love watching movies, but as of right now, its probably that new Star Trek movie.

What has been your favorite purchase for this year thus far?
It would have to be my Naked palette by Urban Decay. It cost me quite a bit more than I was prepared to pay for cosmetics, but Ive been loving the shit out of it because it is just so versatile.

What is your favorite season?
Fall, hands down. When you live in Iowa and the only other nice season (Spring) is pretty much nonexistent, Fall is pretty darn awesome. Fall is when everything looks gorgeous and the weather is perfect all the time.

What is your favorite novel?
This is a tough one because I used to read so much. I usually like to name an author simply because if one book is good, the others usually follow in its footsteps. Of all time, my favorite author is a tie between Matthew Reilly and Garth Nix. They write completely different genres so thats probably why its so difficult to pick just one.

Fun Facts

I will be listing these out off the top of my head.
  1. I was born in Malaysia to Malaysian parents, but I am of Chinese ancestry.
  2. I am a senior in English with an emphasis in Grammatical Analysis at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
  3. I have been a blogger for nine years, but have only recently picked up beauty blogging.
  4. I am very opinionated.
  5. I am very committed. When I start something, I have to see it through to the end, and I always end up going down with the ship.
  6. I am extremely brand loyal, which complements the above fun fact.
  7. I love trying out new things, and this includes brands, products, and food.
  8. Despite that, I am a person who enjoys a routine, a rut.
  9. I still manage to adapt easily.
  10. This is starting to sound like a resume, so I will switch gears and say that even though I love grammatical analysis, I am still a creative writer at heart.
  11. I self-published a poetry book!
Nominees

I dont want to seem biased so I will list my nominees alphabetically by name.
  1. Arisa; IrrevocablePassion
  2. Emilie; AllThingsBeauty
  3. Emma; MakeupLove
  4. Illy; IllyAriffin
  5. Jenna; WeArePinkPeople
  6. Julia; JuliaKingsley
  7. Maddy; ALittlePetite
  8. Michelle; ALovelyAllure
  9. Miss Dalisay; BeautyRehab
  10. Natalie; NatalieLovesBeauty
  11. Sammi; MaterialGurl88
  12. Trislynn; BeautyGeekByGirls
New Questions

Since these nominees are beauty and/or fashion bloggers, these will be beauty questions!
  1. What skin type do you have?
  2. What is your favorite facial wash?
  3. What is your favorite moisturizer?
  4. What is your favorite foundation?
  5. What are your thoughts on false eyelashes?
  6. What is your favorite mascara?
  7. What are your thoughts on drugstore makeup?
  8. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
  9. Do you like bright or neutral colors?
  10. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
  11. If you can only leave the house with one makeup item on, what would it be and why?
So, there you go, guys!

I want to thank Erica again for this wonderful opportunity. I got the chance to discover so many new blogs, and I also gained a number of followers through this award.

Thanks for reading, guys!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me Sockwun! Made my day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paula, and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your answers to my questions, it is always great to get to know my fellow bloggers better. The wasabi answer made me laugh :)

    The Naked 2 palette was actually one of my fav purchases for the year thus far. I couldn't decide between the original or the second for the longest time and they were so similar on my skin I didn't want to buy both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had a dilemma between the Naked and the Naked 2 as well, but the Urban Decay representative said that the Naked palette has more versatile shades, and a lot of bloggers and YouTubers said the same thing so I went with that. I kind of want to buy the Naked Basics too, lol.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for nominating me babe :)
    It's really an honor for me that anyone would even consider nominating my humble blog.

    xoxo
    Arisa
    http://www.arisachow.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I feel like you have a lot of great insight into fashion so you deserve it! (;

      Delete
  5. thank you for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre welcome. I look forward to your nomination post!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your nomination!!!
    Just started to write a blog 3 months ago :D
    And your nomination just make me feel so "energetic" to continue writing ... XD hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great to hear! Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your future posts.

      Delete
  7. I love reading these things and learning about people! I have a student who is loving Garth Nix books and loves to tell me all about them, but I've not read him, myself! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit : the daily savant : and follow back (if you like)!

    I have a Betsey Johnson giveaway on now! I also have a choose-your-prize jewelry giveaway going on now, as well!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, his books are really good. I got into the fantasy genre because of one of his books. It was a long time ago and Ive read many authors since then in many different genres but hes still the best so far.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for nominating me luv :)
    Btw, I love the naked palette too,
    Will prob have to buy a new one soon :p

    xoxo A Lovely Allure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Naked 2, and I think I might like that more. o:

      Delete