Fashion: How to Style A White Dress


I remember the days when I would buy whole outfits because a single piece is too simple. The downside is that these outfits become repetitive after a while. It was not until a few years ago when I discovered the magic in mixing and matching. It is amazing how a few simple pieces can be put together to create a look for any occasion.

The look that we will be playing with today is the white dress.


$145

The most obvious look is to go white from head to toe.


A chunky necklace will put some edge into the white ensemble, and some comfortable sandals will help you transition the look from day to night.

The white dress can be a difficult piece to style because a lot of people feel like they cannot pull off the color. However, depending on what you pair it with, that can be a worry of the past because some pieces can draw attention away from the white.



If you want to diverge attention from the white that can sometimes be unflattering, try accessories and shoes in bright colors.



If you want to colorblock but are afraid of going too bright, the classic black and white is the way to go! 



For a more casual ensemble than the above looks, try a denim jacket with loafers or flats in unexpected prints.

It was when I discovered mixing and matching that I got more out of my shopping sprees. By spending the same amount on the same number of clothes, you can maximize the number of looks if you buy separate versatile pieces.

10 comments:

  1. I'm LOVING that white dress! I had a great white dress back home in Portland but sadly I had to leave it behind when I moved to South Korea. Thank you for dropping by 'The Collective' blog hop!
    -Amanda | Living in Another Language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read in your blog that you and Derik moved abroad, but I assumed from the post about the cat cafe that you moved to Japan, lol. Why did you guys pick South Korea?

      Delete
  2. No one can get rid or the magic power of fashion. For the upcoming wedding day of my cousin, i would like to pick myself a pair of black high-heels like the ones shown in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a simple yet pretty white dress! Definitely super versatile with tons of combinations!

    The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress looks fabulous even on its own!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tips babe.
    For me I love your style combination for the all white from head to toe.
    Looks so simple & chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love minimalistic looks when it comes to white.

      Delete
  5. white is easiest colour to use any time :)

    ReplyDelete