A Short Guide to Highlighting and Contouring


Hello, world.

This post is for Week Eight of the Alphabet Challenge.


The biggest complication that I ran into when I first started wearing full makeup is highlighting and contouring. I would read many a blog post and watch many a video tutorial, but I could never seem to get it right no matter how much experimentation I did. It is thus safe to say that my mind was blown when I found out that highlighting and contouring varies according to face shape.

I dont know why I never thought of this since most makeup techniques are influenced by face shape. The tutorials that I followed were pretty standard: contour under your cheekbones and highlight above your cheekbones. It always ended up looking strange, and I now know why. All this while, I was highlighting and contouring according to the round face shape when I have a square face.


This illustration should give you a better idea. The brown shows where you should contour, the white shows the highlight, and the pink shows the blush. As you can see, I was doing mine completely wrong.

I hope that this illustration helps you out as much as it has helped me out!

Join the Alphabet Challenge!
All you have to do is email your name and blog URL to itsmejiawun@hotmail.com! Then, link up!




4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the faces on the guide is so cute, LOL. I have a round face.. right? I think you contour my face better though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very easy to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web site.


    my page :: งานคีย์ข้อมูล

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked
    up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical
    issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the website many times previous to I could get it to load
    properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?

    Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your
    placement in google and can damage your high quality score
    if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of
    your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon.


    Here is my web page: weight loss clinic

    ReplyDelete