Fall Beauty Trends

Hello, world.

The 22nd marked the official start of Fall, and we all know that the most exciting part about the start of every season is the change in trends. I have already swapped out my clothes, my makeup, and my fragrances, but I thought that Id wait until it was official before I produce a blog post. Besides, with the weather being so temperamental, it could still be warm enough for Summer trends in other places.

There are obviously more trends than is included in this list, but I would only be covering my three favorites: bright lips, smokey eyes, and coordinated colors.

{ Bright Lips }


Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color | $39
Nars Jungle Red Lipstick | $29
Anthropologie Albeit Lipstick | $18

You may remember this that bright lips were around in the summer as well, but the key difference in transitioning this look into the fall is to think: dark bright. Yes, I do realize that that is an oxymoron, but it was the only way to get my point across. The summer was all about neon lipstick, but "bright" in the fall is better described as "standout." You want your lips to stand out, and that doesnt necessarily mean neon.

{ Smokey Eyes }


Lord and Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Black | $17
Victorias Secret Eye Shadow Duo | $15
Ilia Shadow of a Doubt Mascara | $29

I am super stoked that this trend is back! When the fresh faced look was all the rage last season, I felt out of my element without my dark eyeshadow. Please do keep in mind that it is still a no no to walk around campus looking like Taylor Momsen. It may be acceptable for a night out, but you would still need to keep your smokey eyes subtle during the day. I rely heavily on my trusty greys and silvers.

{ Coordinated Colors }


By Terry Power Eye Shadow in Lavender Muffin | $40
Sisley Phyto-Kohl Perfect Eyeliner in Purple | $51
Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Purple Gem | $5

This may sound like a backward trend, but coordinated colors are making its way back into the mainstream. By keeping it subtle, you can still look classy. I picked a purple palette because purple has always been a color that I want to experiment with. It isnt my favorite color, but I would still want to give it a try. If I ever do, I would probably start with a purple dress paired with purple eyeliner.

Which one of these is your favorite? Are you sporting a trend that wasnt mentioned? If you leave a link in the comments section, I would love to check it out!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment