Birchbox: October 2013 Unboxing

Hello, world.

It has been a while since my last unboxing post all the way back in April, but I have a valid excuse! My May and June boxes were lost in the mail since I moved. I contacted Birchbox about it, and they were gracious enough to send me replacement boxes. Unfortunately, they were out of inventory so they refunded the $10 for my May box. For my June box, instead of reimbursement, they just made my August box free, and they threw in 100 Birchbox points as well! They have excellent customer service, and its also why Ive been so loyal to the company.

My July, August, and September boxes are sitting in my apartment somewhere. Ive used some of the samples but not all of them. I seem to have misplaced my camera charger so I couldnt post even if I wanted to. I finally decided to use my phone to take pictures until I can afford a new camera. So, we are back on track!




{ Overview }

The theme for the month revolves around the products that Birchbox staffers love. Needless to say, these products are all tried and tested and loved so I have high hopes! So far, it doesnt seem to be a disappointing box because anyone can win me over with Benefit. (;

{ Products }


This is a macadamia oil nourishing set of a shampoo and conditioner by Bain de Terre. I was actually headed into the shower right after opening my Birchbox so I have actually tried this product out. I might or might not review it depending on what my schedule for the blog looks like.


I have an unhealthy obsession with Benefit so obviously, I was excited to see this. Ive never tried Fakeup before even though Ive heard many good things so I cant wait to try this out tomorrow!


This Clarifying Treatment Mask by Karuna couldnt have come at a better time. I love sheet masks, but Im running out because I use them so often, so Im currently in the market for more. I'll be trying this tonight.


This final product is the extra for the month. My friend was just asking me the other day if theres a way to stop her lipgloss from drying up her lips and showing fine lines, and I suggested my method of priming her lips with Chapstick first. Im excited to try this product because with the Winter coming, hydration for the lips sounds amazing.

{ Shop}
  1. The 13.5oz version of the Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo can be bought for $12 on Birchbox.com.
  2. The 13.5oz version of the Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo can be bought for $13.50 on Birchbox.com.
  3. The 0.12oz version of the Benefit Fake Up can be bought for $24 on Birchbox.com.
  4. The set of four of the Karuna Clarifying Treatment Mask can be bought for $28 on Birchbox.com.
  5. The 0.15oz version of the Chapstick Hydration Lock can be bought for $7.64 on Walmart.com (or you can just go to your nearest mass merchandiser/drugstore/convenience store and grab one for much cheaper).
You can subscribe to your very own Birchbox here for only $10 every month.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What products did you get in yours?

9 comments:

  1. Love the Benefit Fake-up! :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is making me want to renew my subscription to birchbox again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Ive considered unsubscribing so many times, but they always draw me back with the next box, lol.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the Benefit Fake Up that I received in my Birchbox this month. It's really moisturizing and doesn't crease on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to love it, but I feel like it doesnt work on me. I dont really like it, which is disappointing for me because I absolutely adore Benefit. ):

      Delete
  4. The Benefit Fake Up doesn't work on me, as you know I have crazy undereye bags, haha! But this was a really good box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it to try to cover up blemishes, but it didnt seem to work too well. Its probably because it doesnt have too high of a coverage. It felt moisturizing. It just didnt work on me.

      Delete
  5. This is making me miss my subscription. I still use some of the products that I received in previous boxes. My favorite was the Benefit Porefessional Primer!

    ♥emma
    itsemmaelise.com

    ReplyDelete