Sponsored: Asian Beer for Asian Cuisine

I participated in an influencer activation on behalf of Millennial Central for Kirin. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

I had never tried Vietnamese food until my friend, Joann, introduced me to it. Through her, I fell in love with pho and bun thit nuong. Pho is a broth with noodles, meat, and vegetables. Bun thit nuong is a cold vermicelli dish topped with meat and vegetables and served with nuoc cham fish sauce. Whenever we go to a Vietnamese restaurant, more often than not, I would get one of the two. On Monday night, however, when she and Cody (her fiance) made dinner, I tried bo kho for the first time. Bo kho is Vietnamese beef stew served with bread.

Bo kho made by Joann and Cody


Baguette from Panera Bread

I creeped around the internet and found a recipe for bo kho by blogger Wandering Chopsticks. You can find it here: http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2009/01/bo-kho-vietnamese-beef-stew.html. It sounds simple enough to make, but it tastes so good!

Of course, the night wouldnt have been complete without Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light.


I shared Kirin with Joann, Cody, and Andy (Joanns brother) to make sure that my review isnt biased. I tried Kirin Light while Cody and Andy tried Kirin Ichiban. Joann is a few months short of 21 unfortunately. I thought that Kirin Light was just alright, nothing special, but Cody and Andy really liked Kirin Ichiban. They said that even though it wasnt the light version, it was still crisp enough to complement the taste of the Vietnamese dish. According to Cody, the beer enhances the taste of the food as you drink it.

So, what is Kirin and whats so special about it?


Kirin is whats called a first-press beer, which means that it's the first strain of malt liquid; basically beer at its purest. Thats what contributes to the crisp taste that works so well at lifting the complex tastes of Asian food.

Dont just take my word for it; here is a list of locations where you can try Kirin for free!

Then, once you fall in love at first sip, here is where you can find a store near you that sells Kirin.

In the spirit of pairing Kirin with Asian food, Kirin partnered with celebrity chef, Candice Kumai, to bring this beer into the world of Asian cuisine. Throughout the year, on Kirins Facebook page, Chef Kumai will share her recipes and pairing tips.

Have you tried Kirin beer? What did you think?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment