My June Closet

Hello, world.

It appears that my September and April closet posts garnered a lot of attention, so I will officially be making it its own series! On the first day of every month, I will post lookbooks of outfit ideas for the month.

This month, instead of creating the usual Polyvore collages, I will include a few examples of each trend along with a brief description of how you can work them into your own closets. I would love to hear your thoughts on which format you prefer!

Without further ado, here is my June closet!

{ Colorblock Dresses }


The Summer is all about colors, so why stick to one when you can have three? A dress is also the easiest way to look put together without too much effort because you just slip it on, and you'll be ready to leave the house!

{ Maxi Skirts }


I am so glad that the maxi hemline is back in trend. It is so versatile! I've been wearing maxi skirts and dresses for a night out in place of mini skirts and dresses and shorter hemlines because they're so figure-flattering and classy. They're also casual enough to wear to class. For ideas of tops to pair with maxi skirts, read my Ebay guide to wearing maxi skirts.

{ Sheer Blouses }


Sheer blouses may look trashy and slutty to some people, but I honestly think that they're amazing because they are the easiest for day-to-night transitions. For the office, you can wear a tank top underneath the sheer blouse so that you're not showing an inappropriate amount of skin. After work, before you leave for margaritas with the girls, take off the tank top to reveal the lace bra or tube top that you can wear underneath your tank top.

{ Strappy Sandals }


Behold, the queen of all Summer shoes! Unlike other shoes, strappy sandals don't make your feet sweat in the heat. They're also super cute and go with anything casual you could possibly want to wear.

{ Cutout Dresses }

        Asos Cutout Skater Dress | $53.35

I want to point out that that Missguided dress is the ultimate combination of the trends mentioned in this post. It has the color for Summer, it has the maxi hemline, and it's a cutout dress! Cutouts seem to be everywhere these days, but I still prefer them on dresses because they make even the most mundane of dresses look playful.

If you would like to get 6% cashback from Bloomingdales.com, 3.5% from Lulus.com, and 3.5% from Boohoo.com as well as discounts and promotions, join Ebates today!

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to share with me your thoughts on this format as opposed to the other one.

What trend would you like to see in your closet this month?

2 comments:

  1. I'm torn on the style of post...the polyvore ones are more dynamic, but here it is much easier to conceptualize how the trend might look in different styles...I think I prefer this because I like neat, organized things :)

    I'm alll for sheer blouses--I own tons and still want more! The cutout dresses are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback! I feel like, as a reader, I would prefer this format too because, like you mentioned, I'll be able to better visualize what the trends look like.


    In a perfect world, we can all wear cutout dresses under sheer blouses. Hm, I might actually go try that out, lol.

    ReplyDelete