How to Mix and Match Fashion Trends

Last week, I went to Petaling Jaya with my sister, and I decided to take OOTD pictures because that outfit really showcases the style that I'm currently into. It's basically taking a few fashion trends and mixing and matching them. For those of you who've been reading my blog for a while now, you know that that's what I do. I love mixing and matching things. So, without further ado, here's the outfit:


Basically, what I did was use the blue jeggings (that I've owned forever) as a base, then add in newer pieces from my closet. I picked the black-and-white striped blouse because the pattern helps liven up the flat color without being too distracting since it's in monochrome.




Similar:
http://www.asos.com/River-Island/River-Island-MollyJegging/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3931831&cid=19057&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Blue
  River Island Molly Jegging | $58.10


Similar:
http://www.sheinside.com/Black-White-Vertical-Stripe-Long-Sleeve-Chiffon-Blouse-p-108051-cat-1733.html
Sheinside Black White Vertical Stripe Long Sleeve Chiffon Blouse | $28.39

Once the foundation is done, I got to accessorizing which is probably just as important as the foundation itself. I went through a hardware/stud phase, so I picked up a bunch of studded accessories which ended up being very useful for this outfit. The hardware to go with my patterns and colors is in the form of studs on my purse and sunglasses, metal plates on my sandals, and the watch I've had since I was 16.

This is the Express Studded Cross Body Bag, but for some reason, my internet won't let me access the Express website, so I can't link you to it or even tell you what the price is. I included a similar one for you.

Similar:
http://www.ninewest.com/Faelyn-Studded-Clutch/15144493,default,pd.html?variantSizeClass=&variantColor=JJ169H6_1&cgid=15792778&prefn1=catalog-id&prefv1=ninewest-catalog
 Nine West Faelyn Studded Clutch | $79


Similar:
 Asos Studded Detail Retro Sunglasses | $24.90 $9.13

Similar:
 Vernier Rose Gold Oversized Interlocking Link Bracelet Quartz Watch | $85 $33.99
So, mixing and matching trends isn't too difficult. Patterns, colors, and hardware make great combinations. Just keep in mind that each piece has to balance out the other. Make sure that not one thing stands out too much. Since they're all very attention-demanding, make sure that they don't clash with one another.
Before I sign off, here's an FOTD shot I attempted:
  
It's a very simple everyday makeup look that I wear when I don't feel like doing too much in terms of makeup. I might write up a post about my go-to everyday makeup look. We'll see.
And that concludes today's post. Thank you for reading!
How do you mix and match fashion trends?

6 comments:

  1. You pull that patterned shirt and pants off fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicole dziedzic9/9/14, 6:43 PM

    The pants are so cute in that blue color, the top goes great with it, and the studded bag look is one of my favorites. I have a few studded bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love studded accessories! They do such a wonderful job of adding edge to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete