Hair Care Tips for Long Thick Hair by Blogger Tiffany Khyla White

Last month, I curated a list of shampoos for colored hair and a list of conditioners for colored hair. For my new series of posts, I decided to discuss ways to take care of the general wellbeing of your hair, and since a lot of you enjoyed my blogger feature about summer style inspiration, I will be showcasing more bloggers along with their hair care tips.


Tiffany Khyla White is the lifestyle blogger at Endless Bliss.

She shared that her hair is long, thick, and can sometimes be out of control. Here are her personal hair care tips:

Only wash your hair about every three days
Some may cringe at this, but washing your hair every day rids it of its natural nutrients, and with hair like mine, it dries out pretty quickly because washing it every day wouldn't give the nutrients time to travel throughout my hair. Washing it only a couple of times a week allows my hair to really soak up all of those great nutrients and keeps my hair healthy and strong. Sometimes, I'll even skip washing my hair and just condition it.

Use hair heating tools sparingly
The only time my hair gets blow-dried is if I go to a hair salon, and even then, they don't always wash my hair. While I do straighten my hair about once every month or so (sometimes even less than that), staying away from these tools allows my hair to avoid the damage that comes along with using them. I let my hair dry naturally and don't keep my hair wrapped in towels for too long because that can take away nutrients as well.

Don't use too many products at once
Using too many different products weighs your hair down. I'm fortunate to have thick hair with a lot of volume. When I do use products, I just stick to one. I never use hairspray or mousse. Since I let my hair dry naturally, I have to put something in it or it'll be a frizzy mess. I stick to just using a gel which, right now, I'm using Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Styling Gel. It never leaves flakes and is super light. When I'm wanting a curl, I'll use Garnier Fructic Style Curl Sculpting Gel. For the life of me, I don't know how to use a curling iron or one of those wands, and this gives my curls the bounce they need.

Use oil to give your hair a little shine
Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, my hair looks rather dull, so I like to give it a little umph by using Pantene Pro V Truly Natural Hair Shine Serum with Argan Oil. Just a few pumps, and my hair looks shiny and ready to take on the day.

If you have naturally wavy or curly hair, don't brush it every day
Since I wear my hair natural most of the time, the only time I use a brush is when I shower. With conditioner in my hair, I brush out all the tangles. When my hair is drying or completely dry, I rarely ever use a brush. It will only make your hair poofier, frizzier, and bigger.

- - -

To read more about how Tiffany maintains her Insta-worthy tresses, read her blog at Endless Bliss.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment