Hair Care Tips for Blonde Hair by Blogger Tiffany Wood

I featured Meg, the blogger behind She Puts Her Makeup On, last week when she shared her personal tips for keeping her natural curls healthy and beautiful.

The spotlight is now on Tiffany Wood, the creator and editor of Haute Mess Magazine.

Below is a thorough look at her hair routine followed by some helpful advice for all hair types.


Once a week, I completely soak my hair in a natural oil (coconut, moroccan, argan, etc.), throw my hair into a shower cap, and sleep with the mask on!

When I wake up in the oil mask, I comb the oil through my hair and follow this routine:

Wash
I usually wash my hair two to three times a week and use the AG Hair Color Care Sterling Silver Toning Shampoo every other wash! If you overuse purple shampoo, your hair will turn greyish/purplish. Thankfully, I haven't learned this the hard way, but I have some friends who did. This product is blonde specific as the purple counteracts yellow tones and neutralizes your blonde color. I find that this shampoo brightens, highlights, and shines my hair right up! After one use, you will be able to tell the difference, and after a couple of washes, everyone will be asking what your little secret is.

When I'm not using the purple shampoo, I actually love the Argan Oil collection by Hask. I don't know why everyone is so hung up on spending $50 for a bottle of shampoo, but I'm not game for that. I've found that my favorite shampoos are the least expensive and can be found at drugstores! The Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo lathers perfectly, cleans my hair, removes build-up without stripping my hair of its natural oils, and really hydrates my hair.

Condition
The product I'm now obsessing over is also blonde specific, but my sister who has light brown hair uses it as well without a problem. The Miriam Quevedo Sublime Gold Mask is my new baby. Obviously, I was first attracted by the packaging, but after reading the back, I was even more interested. It says, "The Gold Mask. Intensive revitalizing mask enriched with micronized gold and caviar for all hair types, bringing new youth to your hair. Its luxurious active ingredients nourish and regenerate the heart of the hair fiber and the scalp, enhancing the softness and vitality of your hair. Shine-enhancing agents bring added silkiness. New, more sublime, and intensive golden highlights thanks to micronized gold powder. Vivifying action."

After using it, I was obsessed. You basically just massage it into your hair and scalp, throw on a shower cap, leave it on for five to 15 minutes, comb it through, and thoroughly rinse it out! My hair has honestly never felt and looked so good. This is going to sound super weird, and every time I say it to anyone, they think I'm crazy, but here I go: my hair actually feels different on my head after using this formula. Not only does it feel different to touch, but it feels different when it sits. My hair is shinier, blonder, and thicker than ever. Plus, it smells amazing! Call me crazy, whatever. Try it out and see for yourself.

Style
First, I apply the Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shine Oil Vial to my damp hair, focusing on the ends. I then begin to scrunch in some Marc Anthony Curl Defining Styling Lotion. After that, I spray Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray all throughout my hair and scrunch it some more.

I then let my hair air dry for at least an hour and a half indoors. This system keeps my curls smooth and tight.

I sleep on a silk pillow case. They're pretty hard to find, and they're a little more pricey, but they're so worth it. Think about it: you're moving around in your bed with a pillow case that's a rougher material. You're breaking and pulling your hair without even being awake! With a silk pillow case, your hair can move around with ease, with no pulling or breaking. Plus, the pillow is always cool, which makes for a great sleep, which makes for great health, which makes for great hair!

Tips to Ensure Fabulous Hair
Avoid using elastics to throw your hair up, but if it's unavoidable, I recommend hideous scrunchies (when not going anywhere you're worried about being judged), and I also recommend never putting your elastic in the same place. Move it around so that you're not wearing out one section completely.

When your hair is wrapped up, drying in a towel, never rub the towel around to dry your hair. Always take it out and use the towel to scrunch. If it's all wrapped up and you're pulling at it, it's going to rip out. Common sense.

Always start brushing from the ends of your hair and work your way up. Don't pull knots from the top to the bottom because a huge chunk of your hair is likely to rip out straight from the top of your head.

Be patient. Great hair takes time!

A healthy diet is so important for not only healthier hair but also for healthy skin and nails! Protein and Vitamin D are essential for optimal hair health. Eat lots of fish, nuts, eggs, spinach, beans, and chicken!

- - -

Head on over to Haute Mess Magazine to read more of Tiffany's great advice!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment