Macy's and Drugstore.com (Mini) Haul


I'm not a fan of collective hauls, so I'm finding it hypocritical and ironic that I'm doing one myself. I have a reason, though! Since I started graduate school, and my income decreased (again), I've enforced a strict budget on myself where I can only buy things I need and skip on things I want. And since I don't usually go through beauty products that quickly, I haven't been buying enough to warrant haul posts. Note that I skipped last month's purchases entirely because I only bought, I think, two beauty products. Anyway, on to what I bought this month:

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown, $23 at Macy's
I have been hearing so many good things about Anastasia Beverly Hills' brow products! Luckily, my current brow powder (Sleek from the Nude Tude palette) is running out, so I can buy this without feeling guilty! I've mainly heard people rave about the pomade, but from past experience, I've learned that my eyebrows hate cooperating with gels. In fact, they hate cooperating with everything except powder. Anyway, I haven't tried this product out yet, but if I end up loving it, I'll do a How I Do My Brows-type post. Otherwise, I'll just do a plain ol' review.

2. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light/Medium Sheer Tint, $6.70 at Drugstore.com
My current BB cream is the Dream Fresh BB Cream, also from Maybelline, and I like it. I've completely swapped out foundation for BB cream from my everyday beauty routine, and not only does it save time, it's kinder to my face too! I got this one, also because my current BB cream is running out, to see if I'd like it better because it claims to clear acne-prone skin.

3. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, $8.99 at Drugstore.com (Repurchase)
If you remember from my December Drugstore.com haul, I was enthusing about a new favorite toner, the Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner. At around the same time, I (accidentally) bought the Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, and I mumbled angrily about it for a while because I completely neglected to see that it's an alcohol-based toner, and my face can't handle alcohol-based toner! What I didn't expect was for my face to not only react very well to this toner, it's starting to really clear up my acne scars and brighten up my skin. Surprise, surpise! Funnily enough, when I ran out of the previous bottle of this, I resorted to the leftover Boots toner I had, and I ended up really disliking it! Sure, it's gentle, but it also leaves a sticky film behind on my face and makes it feel icky when I put moisturizer on. I guess this Neutrogena toner is my new favorite. Sorry, Boots.

4. Boots Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Makeup Remover, $5.35 at Drugstore.com
Fortunately, I still have a piece of my heart with the Boots brand, so I decided to try this eye makeup remover. The ironic thing here is that I swapped my Boots toner for Neutrogena, and I swapped my Neutrogena eye makeup remover for Boots. I wonder if there's some subconscious self-guilt-tripping going on here.

5. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer, $20 at Macy's
Ok, so I had initially wanted to repurchase the Urban Decay Primer Potion because, let's face it, it's the best eye primer out there. But what happened was that I had a ton of Plenti points sitting around that I figured I might as well use. But since I don't have a car that I need to buy gas for, and there's no Rite Aid in Ames, the only place I can use my points on is at Macy's (online, of course). And for some reason, Macy's doesn't carry the Primer Potion standalone, only in a set of three travel sizes. Why?! So, I begrudgingly went for the second best eye primer, which, according to the beauty blogosphere, is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Granted, I've worn it a few times already, and it's not bad, but I'm currently working on a Urban Decay vs. Too Faced-type post where I wear them both at the same time for a day and see what happens. But that's for another day!

Have you tried any of these products?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment