May Birchbox Unboxing


If you can believe it, my last Birchbox unboxing post dates back to October 2013, more than two years ago. That is back when I had a different camera, as can be seen through the questionable quality of those pictures. That is also back when ExtraExtravagant had a completely different layout. I unsubscribed after my December 2013 box, after two years of continued subscription, mainly because of financial reasons. I was at a point in my life when $10 can sometimes be the difference between being able to eat and otherwise, so extra expenses had to go.

Since then, I have gotten my shit together and am in a much better situation, not just financially but generally. I am better at adulting now, and I decided to reward myself by resubscribing to Birchbox. I have much more room in my budget for $10 every month, but I still wanted to hold out until a good offer comes along. For those of you considering subscribing to Birchbox, here is a pro tip: sign up for the newsletter first. They will send you constant emails urging you to subscribe, and they will throw in a special offer to entice you. Wait until an offer that interests you comes along, then subscribe. I waited from August 2015 to March 2016 before I received one that I wanted: a free deluxe sample of the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner, which was completely underwhelming, btw.

You probably did the math and realized that if I resubscribed in March, the unboxing posts for that box and the April box are missing. Tbh, I was super pumped to post about them, but life (well, school) got in the way. The Spring 2016 semester kept me busy, and it was all I could do to stay alive, let alone devote time to my blog. I am back now, though, and hoping that the summer semester is kind to me. With that being said, here is what came in my May 2016 Birchbox:

1. Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo for Coarse or Frizzy Hair, $25 (8.45 fl oz) at Birchbox

2. Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner for Coarse or Frizzy Hair, $29 (8.45 fl oz) at Birchbox

I started using this shampoo and conditioner duo on Monday, so we shall see how that goes.

3. ModelCo Lip Lacquer in Creme Brulee, $24 (3 ml) at Birchbox

4. Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer, $29 (0.28 oz) at Sephora

I was excited to see this sample. I already have the full size, but I love it so much that I am excited to have some extra.

5. COOLA SPF 30 Organic Makeup Setting Spray, $36 (1.7 fl oz) at Birchbox

I was miffed to see this sample because it was already in my March box, and it did not work for me at all. Even if it had worked, I would still have been annoyed at a repeat sample.

6. CLEAN Blossom Eau de Parfum, $41 (1 fl oz) at Ulta

I always love receiving fragrance samples!

Have you tried any of these products?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment