May Sephora Play Unboxing


If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I subscribed to Sephora Play last month, but I never got around to posting an unboxing of my April Sephora Play, which I regret because it was a great box. There was the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien, the Sephora Collection Colorful Cheek Ink Gel in Peony, and the Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream, among other things. Admittedly, I haven't actually tried any of the three products I mentioned, but they're the ones that I was most excited to see.

When I opened my May Sephora Play, I was immediately disappointed by the packaging. I was expecting the gorgeous box that my April Sephora Play came in, complete with confetti and booklet, but all I was greeted with are a folded sheet of paper in place of the fancy booklet and a flimsy linen bag in place of a sturdy box. I'm not sure if they only pull out all the stops for your first box, or if they're cutting down costs now that the service is open to everyone, but even if my April Sephora Play didn't raise my expectations, this packaging is still subpar compared to the other beauty subscription boxes out there. The Ipsy Glambag also favors flimsy bags, but at least they're cute and reusable, and Birchbox may just come in a cardboard box, but at least it's sturdy and pretty.

The products themselves, though, are not too bad. I'm especially excited about the fragrance, lipstick, and mask primer. I feel meh towards the mask and lip liner. As for the hair mask, I already have the exact same sample from a previous Birchbox, which I also haven't used, so that's that. Here's what everything is:

1. Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, $48 (1.35 fl oz) at Sephora.com

2. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask, $36 (8 fl oz) at Briogeo

3. Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume, $120 (3.3 fl oz) at Sephora.com

4. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi, $26 (0.15 oz) at Sephora.com

5. Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram, $18 (0.01 oz) at Tarte Cosmetics

6. Origins Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer, $22 (3.2 fl oz) at Sephora.com

Have you tried any of these products?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great box! Too bad about the packaging though.. I've wanted to try Bite Beauty for so long!

    ReplyDelete