Weekly Reading | August 30, 2018


Food

Summer is but dying embers at this point, so throw as many more summer parties as you can before the temperatures start dropping again. Of course, I'm not a fan of summer parties because I'm a fan of dropping temperatures, but I know I'm in the minority, so I found these yummy-looking posts with recipes for summer drinks and food.


Beauty

With changing seasons also comes sick days, so I found a post (from my sister's blog, I'll admit) about the best makeup for sick days. I also found a post about makeup essentials for busy girls, which made me think whether derma rollers should be considered a makeup essential at this point. I don't own a derma roller because I don't know how my sensitive skin will react to it, but they've been raved about in all corners of the interwebs, so I read this Byrdie post about how to use them properly.

"The Best Makeup for Sick Days" via Beauty Nerd by Night

Career

Food and beauty aside, if you're a graduating senior this year, it's never too early to start looking at and applying to jobs. Here's a Forbes post about how to make your LinkedIn profile stand out because even though it's also a social media platform, LinkedIn plays by its own rules. Once that works and you score an interview, here's a post about how to ace that interview as well as a post on how to follow up after the interview because you should always, always, always follow up at least once.


For more beauty posts as well as college and blogging posts, check out the previous Weekly Reading.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment