Weekly Reading | October 18, 2018


Fashion

We talk about fashion here a lot, but one topic integral to the industry that we've never really touched on much is ethical fashion. I have to admit that I'm only just slowly learning more and more about the skeletons in the closet (๐Ÿ˜) of the fashion industry, and it's a major issue that we should all be well-versed in. First off, Megan shares some information about what ethics means in fashion, then Abigail and Caroline share guides on how to get into ethical shopping.

"Ethical Denim Diaries: DSTLD" via Tunes and Tunics
"How to Shop for Clothes Ethically" via & She's Brave

Food

Switching gears, last week, I also read some recipes for vegan and gluten-free Maine lobster rolls. Vegan and gluten-free are definitely not terms I associate with Maine lobster rolls, but Rebecca never ceases to amaze with her innovative recipes. Then, I found posts that combine two of my biggest passions in life: food and shopping. ๐Ÿ˜Œ


Travel

Switching gears again, I also read some travel posts. For how little traveling I get to do, I sure love reading travel posts. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Let me live (vicariously), ok! The first two posts are domestic locations: Atlanta, Georgia and Florida. The third post is an international location: Helsinki, Finland, one of the many European cities that I really want to visit one day.

"The Happy Guide to Three Fun Days in Atlanta, Georgia" via The Happy Arkansan
"My Favorite Florida Spots" via Haute Table
"10 Things You Might Not Know About Helsinki" via Small Towns & City Lights

For blogging, lifestyle, and beauty posts, check out the previous Weekly Reading!

What are your thoughts on ethical fashion?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment