A Sleeveless Summer ft. Dove Advanced Care

I participated in an influencer program on behalf of Mom Central for Dove. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.

 
There is nothing more unattractive than sweat stains, so in the summer, sleeveless clothes are our best friends.


Unfortunately sleeveless clothes come with complications too. You can still get sweat stains. Also, since your underarms will be exposed, youll be shaving them, which means that they could potentially be dry and irritated.

http://www.dove.us
 
This is where Dove comes in. They have a new Advanced Care line of antiperspirants and deodarants that claims to offer 48-hour odor and wetness control.




The Advanced Care line is available in eight varieties: Nourished Beauty, Cool Essentials, Beauty Finish, Revive, Rebalance, Shea Butter, Sensitive, and Caring Coconut.

The varieties that I was provided with are Revive and Nourished Beauty. Revive has a scent of pomegranate and lemon verbena. Nourished Beauty has a floral powdery scent of jasmine and rose.

My biggest concerns in the summer are body odor and underarm stains from perspiration. When I use deodorant or antiperspirant, it still makes me very insecure because most deodorants dont work; I would still have body odor and underarm stains after a while. I tried the Advanced Care line for a week, and I am in love with it!

The Advanced Care deodorants smell nice, but unlike other brands, theyre not an overpowering smell. The fragrance is mild but noticeable. It applies smoothly, which I really liked because it doesnt tug on my underarm skin, something that can cause wrinkles. It really surprised me how well this product worked. It kept my underarms dry all day, and the scent lingered all day as well.

Even when I wore it to work out, it still kept my underarms dry, and the scent stayed after the workout. However, if the workout is too intense, and youre sweating bullets, it ceases to work as well of course. Even though it isnt keeping your underarms dry after an intense workout, it still keeps you smelling fresh.

I wasnt paying attention to whether or not it made my underarms smoother and softer because those arent concerns of mine. However, I do notice that they are a little bit smoother than usual.

 

What is your biggest Summer beauty concern?

4 comments:

  1. caroline | thecarodiaries5/18/14, 12:57 AM

    Okay.. v important! That orange dress - where can I get it?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand sweat stains- this is great for that. thanks for sharing!

    HCXO, Hima

    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dove deodorant, they always have the best smells :) also, I love that orange dress :)


    daughterofasonofasailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. It's the Feather Ruth Sleeveless Dress in Sunset Orange by French Connection. It's actually marked down right now to $69.99 from $168.

    ReplyDelete