Makeup Basics for Your Best Summer

Reading time: 2 minutes 56 seconds


I know many of you are bummed out that summer is most likely canceled this year. Personally, summer is my least favorite season, so it doesn't really bother me. What does bother me, though, is that I might not even be able to go home for summer break if China doesn't open its borders for outbound flights by then. That will suck in a major way, not just because I won't be able to spend time at home but also because the humidity here will kill me, so let's not dwell on the negatives. Even if we're still under lockdown when summer rolls around, we can still play with makeup to pass the time! ๐Ÿ˜„ Here are some makeup basics to experiment with for all your summer FOTD needs.

Eyeshadow

Tbh, this is the perfect time to experiment with those eyeshadow shades you've always wanted to try. For me, I've been wanting to try green and blue, but I've always been worried about looking too 00s. Sure, the decade's making a comeback, but that's never been my look. My go-to palette lately is the Urban Decay Naked Heat because I have been super in love with that dark, burned, red and orange look, but I have my eye (๐Ÿ˜‰) on the ColourPop Midnight Masquerade and Misunderstood. Since schools are reopening in China, and I go back to face-to-face teaching on Monday, I don't have as much time, but I might take one of these weekends to post an everyday makeup look using Naked Heat.

Mascara

Mascara is a must-have for a lot of people, especially for me. Even when I'm too lazy to bother with makeup, mascara is a must-have, along with eyebrows. I usually just apply a couple coats of the Missha 4D Mascara. My lashes don't usually respond to mascara. Regardless of what the product advertises, be it length or volume, it does literally nothing to my lashes, but this one works wonders. A couple of swipes adds incredible length and definition to my lashes, and they honestly look like falsies, even more so than the actual Maybelline Falsies Mascara, honestly. ๐Ÿ˜‚ This summer, experiment with color mascara, especially if you're looking to go with a minimalist look. Instead of going all out with eyeshadow, you can try a minimalist graphic look with color mascara and maybe a cat-eye with some color eyeliner. Of course, with the heat and humidity ramping up, waterproof is the way to go. Pro tip: the Garnier Micellar Makeup Remover kicks ass when it comes to removing even the most stubborn of waterproof makeup.


Foundation

I cringe at the thought of foundation in the summer because once again, the humidity here is killer, but also, my combination skin leans more towards the oily side during the summer, so most days, I skip foundation altogether, or it's breakout galore. With that being said, though, we still need SPF, and I specifically need color correction and redness control, so I tend to opt for CC cream as opposed to foundation, but if foundation's more your speed, try one that's light and airy that won't suffocate your skin in the heat and humidity. When I need more coverage than CC creams can provide, I go with the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.

With eyeshadow, mascara, and foundation, you're equipped with all the basics you need to experiment with new looks this summer. When you land on a look you love, and you can't run out into the street to shove it in people's faces, remember that we always have social media. ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment