How to Refresh Your Style for the Summer

Reading time: 2 minutes 13 seconds


In my last post, I talked about summer makeup staples that you can experiment with even though summer is canceled. In this post, let's look at how you can play with your personal style to refresh your look for when you're getting your mask tan line on. ๐Ÿ˜ท

Try New Jewelry

Add some new jewelry to your look! Minimal jewelry is super on-trend right now, and because the whole point of it is to keep it minimalistic, it doesn't take much to adopt. Try something like a fine gold chain with a teeny charm on the end for a necklace, or try a geometric midi ring.

If minimalist is not your speed, go big or go home and go get a new piercing (when the lockdowns are lifted, of course ๐Ÿ˜‰)! This is a great time to support your piercer friends, actually. Since their income has essentially disappeared, many piercers are selling gift cards that you can use when they start piercing again, so go ask your piercer if they're doing something similar! I'm actually considering a titanium septum ring like this one from Urban Body Jewelry.

Get a New Hairstyle

Since the salons are also closed, a new haircut might not be in your immediate future, unless you're brave (or talented) enough to cut your own hair. I've only ever tried cutting my own bangs (first unsuccessfully but then learning from my mistakes and finally nailing it), so I definitely won't be trying something like in this video:


An easier, less scary alternative is just to color your hair! That's super simple to do. It's tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's no trouble at all. I recently did an orange-and-yellow ombrรฉ for the Lunar New Year, but for the summer, I'm thinking of going back to green. I can do like a tutorial on Instagram if y'all are interested; let me know! ๐Ÿ–ค

Change Up Your Wardrobe

I hear people complaining about not being able to go shopping and stuff, but as someone who prefers online shopping, I'm not really that bothered. Sure, retailers are all closed, but their online stores are still open (thank you, essential workers, for keeping us all sane during these trying times ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ). I'm thinking more of a shoe refresh for me, since I'm literally down to four pairs at the moment. Maybe some platforms? Bulky white trainers? Strappy six-inch stilettos? Any of those would be a 360 in style for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ This lockdown might be the perfect opportunity to do that, though - try out styles that are completely out of left field for you. What would that be? ๐Ÿค”

How will you level up your look this summer?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment